Improved infinity plan achromatic optics providing both brightfield and polarized viewing elevates Unitron's MEC2 into a new class of inverted metallurgical microscopes.
Designed for use in materials inspection and quality control in a production line or laboratory environment, the MEC2 sets a new standard for delivering superior optical quality at an affordable price. (M.S.R.P. = $3,995)
Many packages available for microscopes with various stands, adapters, cameras, etc. Call and let us know what kind of package we can build for you!
- Compact, ergonomic design engineered for easy, durable use for viewing of metallurgical samples, electronic components and metal parts.
- Unitron's exceptional infinity plan achromat objectives provide bright, high resolution images with long working distances and high NA values.
- Suitable for brightfield and simple polarizing observation.
- Fixed stage design provides stable control even with heavy samples.
- 6V 30W reflected light illuminator with a condenser and lamp centering mechanism.
- Each MEC2 is supplied with a trinocular viewing head and photo tube.
- Unitron infinity plan achromat 5x, 10x, 20x and 40x objectives on quintuple revolving nosepiece.
- Optional 50x, 80x and 100x dry objectives in development, will be available optionally.
- Brightfield and simple polarizing.
- Paired WF10x/20mm diopter focusing eyepieces with rubber eyeguard.
- Eyepieces accept 26mm reticles.
- Vertical action movement revolving nosepiece (fixed stage).
- Coaxial coarse and fine adjustment.
- Coarse stroke 37.7mm per rotation with fine stroke 0.2mm per rotation.
- Plain stage: 160 x 250 mm, includes Ĝ10mm, 15mm, 20mm aperture teardrop stage insert plates.
- Mechanical stage: 128 x 86 mm with movement of 120mm (X) 78mm (Y) (Compare this to the 3035's 30x30mm movement)
- Coaxial knob: Attachable to right or left side;
- Stage extender plates dimensions 70 x 180 mm.
- Koehler vertical illuminator (built-in) with 6v30w halogen lamp, aperture
diaphragm, field diaphragm, & lamp centering mechanism
- Built-in lever type condenser.
- Filter slot for included daylight blue, yellow, green and frosted filters.
- Polarizer and analyzer included
- 30° inclined Siedentopf trinocular head with 48-75mm interpupillary adjustment.
- Light distribution is 100% to the binocular or 20% to binocular and 80% to the photo tube for photomicrography with the optional camera.
- An optional ergonomic tilting binocular head in development, will be available optionally.
- Photo tube, power cord, dust cover and instruction manual
- 16 inches high, resting on a 12.4 x 9.7 inch base
- Weight approx. 21 lbs.
- 50x, 80x and 100x objectives
- Digital available:
The MEC2 microscope can be purchased with either a 3.2 or 5.0 Megapixel USB 2.0 camera with custom software. High resolution video and still images can be captured, annotated, manipulated, and stored with the included Micrometrics LE Microscopy software.